Recipe: Rosemary and Lemon Pan-Roasted Chicken
One of our favorite customers/chefs, Michael Maddox, recently passed along this recipe for an easy and delicious way to prepare a whole chicken. After breaking down the chicken into pieces, it takes just about a half-hour to cook this mouth-watering meal for the whole family.
Try it out. Download a recipe card and save it to your phone or computer!!
- 1 whole chicken cut into leg quarters, wings and breasts, all with the skin on (save the back for stock)
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, roughly cut and bruised
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Place a large, heavy skillet over medium to low heat and allow to gain temperature. Use a skillet with enough space to let most of the chicken touch the bottom.
- Add oil and place chicken in the skillet, skin side down
- Cook 10-15 minutes until chicken skin is brown and starting to crisp
- Slice lemon and cut rosemary in 1-inch lengths. Then beat with the spine (backside) of the knife to release the rosemary oils.
- Add lemon, rosemary, salt and pepper
- Place skillet in oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, until the internal temperature of the thickest pieces is 165 degrees